The Greater Norwalk Disaster Recovery Committee seeks to establish and maintain a network within and on behalf of faith-based, non-profit, governmental, business, and other organizations and agencies to provide a coordinated recovery effort after Superstorm Sandy and subsequent disasters that may impact the Greater Norwalk area.
The Committee will:
- Coordinate the management of long-term recovery efforts.
- Provide assistance to individual residents who have been affected by disasters and do not have adequate personal resources to meet their own basic needs.
- Advocate for ongoing resources and preparedness within all voluntary agencies active in disaster.
- Provide spiritual, emotional, physical, and financial resources to those affected by disaster regardless of race, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or religious preference.
Any participating faith-based, non-profit, governmental, business, or other organization or agency providing financial support, material, and/or labor for the work of the Greater Norwalk Disaster Recovery Committee is considered a Member Organization.
Some of our Member Organizations include:
- Fairfield County Community Foundation - Nancy von Euler (email@example.com)
- Norwalk Emergency Management - Michele DeLuca (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Norwalk Health Department - Leonard Nelson (email@example.com)
- Norwalk Human Relations / Fair Rent - Adam Bovilsky (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Norwalk Mayor's Office - Tad Diesel (email@example.com)
- Norwalk Recovery Committee - Christi Pope (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Norwalk Redevelopment Agency - Hunter Arton (email@example.com)
- Person-to-Person - Marina Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If your organization is interested in contributing to Norwalk's long term recovery efforts, please contact:
Michele DeLuca at email@example.com.
Greater Norwalk LTRC Meeting Minutes